Your teeth are an integral component of your smile. When you do smile, they are front and center, and everyone takes notice. Your smile is often the first impression that you leave. If your teeth are affected by even minor flaws, the quality of your smile diminishes. Tooth damage can also impact your confidence, which can cause you to hide your smile from those around you. While hiding your smile behind your hand might not seem like a big deal, it can say a lot. Fortunately, minor flaws in your teeth can be corrected. OHIOSmiles offers minimal prep veneers as a solution.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shell-like structures that are made to bond to the front surfaces of minorly damaged teeth at the front of your mouth. They are typically made from porcelain, a material that blends in perfectly with your actual teeth. Porcelain can be stained and finished to exactly match the color of your natural teeth and it reflects light in a similar manner to tooth enamel. This provides you with a completely natural restoration of your smile and no one will be able to tell that you have them.
Issues Suitable For Veneer Treatment
Veneers are well-suited to correct the appearance of your teeth that are affected by minor cosmetic issues. They can be used to correct:
- Small cracks or chips.
- Minor alignment issues like slight overlapping or small gaps.
- Oddly shaped teeth.
- Small teeth.
What Are Minimal Prep Veneers?
Minimal prep veneers are similar to regular veneers, in that they can treat some different minor cosmetic imperfections in your visible teeth. However, minimal prep veneers are thinner. Typically, veneers require that a small portion of enamel needs to be removed from the fronts of your damaged teeth. This is done so that the veneers can sit in perfectly with the rest of your teeth, creating a natural appearance. Because minimal prep veneers are thinner, this means that very little, if any, enamel needs to be removed from your teeth.
Benefits Of Minimal Prep Veneers
Minimal prep veneers provide several significant benefits:
- Preservation of your natural teeth. With thinner veneers, we only need to remove a minimal amount of tooth enamel, if any at all. Additionally, more natural tooth surface enhances the bond between the veneers and your teeth.
- No anesthetic needed. Preparing teeth for regular veneers is done under a local anesthetic, which is done to ensure your comfort. Because so little, if any, enamel is removed for minimal prep veneers, you do not need a local anesthetic. This means no needles.
- Less time in the chair. Because you do not need a local anesthetic or as much tooth preparation, you spend significantly less time in the chair.
- Future replacements are made easier. If they become damaged or wear out, they will need to be replaced. Because your teeth are essentially unaltered, or completely unaltered, you have more options for new restorations and placing them is much easier.
With minimal prep veneers, we can correct the appearance of your teeth without shots and with little to no removal of the enamel from your teeth. Call OHIOSmiles today at (740) 439-2501 to schedule your appointment and find out if minimal prep veneers are the right solution for you.